Drain cleaning is the process of removing hair, grease, and debris from the drains in your home. This helps to prevent clogs and allows water to flow freely through your pipes. It's important to have drain cleaning done regularly. If you don't, over time, you may notice that your drains are slow or even backing up into other rooms of your house. If this happens, it can be very expensive to repair because there could be damage done underground caused by backed-up drains.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning Services
There are many warning signs that can indicate that it may be time to consider drain cleaning services.
Common warning signs include:
- Slow drains
- The toilet water swirls around instead of going down the drain
- Gurgling noises coming from under the sink or in other areas where pipes are located
- Unpleasant odors
Common Drain Cleaning Problems
Drain cleaning is one of the most common plumbing problems. If you are experiencing any of the following issues, it is time to call a professional:
- Clogged drains
- Root infiltration (tree roots growing into your pipes)
- Broken or collapsed pipes
Preventative maintenance can include regular drain inspections, proper disposal of grease and food, and the use of drain strainers.
Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning
You may think that you can save money by doing it yourself, but the truth is that professional drain cleaning services are worth the cost. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Save money - You should always be able to get a quote for the service, so you'll know exactly how much it will cost before they begin working on your drains. This way, there won't be any surprises when they come back with an invoice at the end of their workday.
- Improved hygiene - A clogged drain can cause bacteria and other harmful microorganisms to grow inside your pipes. This means that even if there isn't any visible evidence of mold or mildew growing around them right now (like blackened grout), there could still be serious health risks associated with leaving them uncleaned for too long.
- Prevent further damage - If left untreated, eventually those clogs will become worse until eventually, something breaks down completely, causing water damage throughout the entire house, which could end up costing you thousands of dollars' worth of repairs.
Now that you know more, you are sure to be fully prepared for any household plumbing concerns that come your way! For more information, contact a local company, like Michigan Plumbing.